How will this data be made available?
Once the Linked Data research team (CeRCH) has established appropriate ontologies,schemas and URI schemes, the Open Metadata will be published in SKOS format (much as UKAT currently is).
What are your use cases for the data?
The archival authority files that will be published as open data contain a wealth of information of interest and value that could be reused in many ways, in other archive and library systems, as well as in historical, biographical and genealogical contexts . The data could also be extended and enriched in the course of its reuse, and the derived datasets in turn be available for reuse in AIM25.
What benefits to your institution and the sector do you anticipate?
- Improved discovery/discoverablility
- Improved linking and interoperability with other web resources
- Improve takeup for authoritative archives data and metadata
- Assessment of added value of linked/semantic data to online archives and cataloguing
- Agreeing and defining ontologies, schemata
- Implementing effective tools in short timescale
- Implementing the FLISM popup menu interface